Still don’t know what to use to unclog your drain? You always want to have our house toxic-free and clean but you are conflicted because you don’t want harsh chemicals in your home. Well, going green is the thing these days! You can now use non-toxic cleaning products to clean your home. Here’s a home remedy you can use on household issues like clogged drains.
When you’re cleaning your drain, you want to see action like pop and that is a sign! Whatever you are using to clean your drain is working and it’s doing the dirty work for you.
Baking soda and vinegar drain cleaner are eco-friendly, compared to using chemical cleaning products that could harm your house, your family and the environment. A little bit of extra help and action from elbow grease and plunger, you can use them to help you unclog the most challenging drains in your house.
How to Unclog Your Drain using Baking Soda and Vinegar/Lemon Juice
Use baking soda and vinegar or baking soda and lemon juice for an at-home drain cleaner:
- Pour a pot of boiling hot water down your drain.
- Dump in about 1/2 c. baking soda. Let that sit for a few minutes.
- Then, pour a mixture of 1 cup of vinegar or 1 cup of lemon juice and 1. A cup of hot water down on top of the baking soda or lemon juice.
- Cover with a drain plug (to keep the reaction down below the drain surface) if you have one and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Flush one more time with a pot of boiling water.
Using green solutions is beneficial to you and your family. Green solutions are safer to breathe than toxic chemicals present in a cleaning product. It is also safe to use and won’t eat away your pipes. This will save you money and headaches down the road.
With the right tools and expertise, we strive to give the best possible results at reasonable prices. We bring only non-toxic and biodegradable products.
Let us help you clean your home with our green cleaning products, Give us a call at 469-202-8822 or by booking a cleaning here.